Tuesday, October 20, 2009

All Is Well In The Media

CBS News is reporting that President Barack Obama received his seasonal flu shot this afternoon.

It appears that only one reporter was needed to write this hard-hitting piece, as the other members of the First Family had already been vaccinated for the flu this year.

There was a huge sigh of relief throughout much of the media as news of this event traveled from CBS to the other news agencies. Chris Matthews reported once again having that tingle up his leg.

However, there is still great concern at MSNBC and the New York Times, as since the president is a healthy adult with no underlying conditions, he does not fall into the priority group to receive the H1N1 flu shot just yet.

Further investigation found Arianna Huffington weeping with joy as she learned that CBS is reporting he intends to get it once it is available to the general population, and Evan Thomas of Newsweek was heard to be praising God.

Keith Olbermann was not available for comment, but it was reported he was seen rummaging through the disposal container outside of the hospital at which Obama received his vaccination.

6 comments:

Courtney said...

The only real way to get the news is from the internet where the real people are, instead of the media elites, and obama cheerleader news networks. I don't trust anyone on TV, journalism as we once knew it is dead.

One Ticked Chick said...

Evan Thomas praising God, that's hilarious.

Will flu shots be covered under Obamacare? Oh that's right, he gets to keep the cadillac plan we pay for, while the rest of us suffer under his government-run plan.

Soloman said...

Courtney - When you say "where the real people are," if you mean by finding bloggers who provide interesting and educational information that can be verified, I tend to agree with you.

I still have a couple of people in "the media" I trust, but I trust them because they speak to me like I'm a friend or a neighbor, not like I'm an idiot.

Soloman said...

Hey Ticked -

I loved that when he said Obama was "sort of God."

And you're spot on about flu shots and the like... I believe I've heard that once again in this 1500+ page bill that Congress has exempted themselves. I'm waiting to see it in writing, but why would it come as a surprise...?

Candle said...

Priceless. Reminds me of a thing Drudge was doing a while back where he'd run a headline "CNN INVESTIGATES" followed by "Michelle Obama's favorite color? Brown!" Wish he'd do more of those. Great picture of Obama walking on water...or about to.

Soloman said...

Candle - thanks, glad you enjoyed. I really enjoyed writing and researching this post. Brought back some "great" memories for sure.