Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Michael Wardell Files Formal Complaint with Federal Election Commission Against Billy Long

In an effort to expose wrongdoings in politics, I bring you this information about a fellow blogger and a Congressional Candidate from the 7th District of Missouri. It seems there are potentially ethics violations involving Missouri Congressional Candidate Billy Long and the blog owner of Bungalow Bill's Conservative Wisdom, leading to the following:

From Bungalow Bill's Conservative Wisdom:

I just received a Google alert confirming Michael Wardell has filed a formal ethics complaint with the Federal Election Commission against Missouri Seventh Congressional District Republican Billy Long. In his press release, Wardell claims he sent a notarized letter describing the details of ethics violations to Thomsenia Duncan, the General Counsel for the FEC. Wardell offered the local media access to the letter he filed.

Wardell issued a press release earlier this week warning the media of his intent to file a complaint against Billy Long.

Additional information from an earlier post at Bungalow Bill's site:

Billy Long, Republican candidate for Missouri’s Seventh Congressional District, attempted to suppress political free speech guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution. On March 2, 2010, at Pizza by Stout in Joplin, Missouri, after the Federated Republican Women’s Meeting, Mr. Long asked me to join him for a cup of coffee.

During that meeting, Billy Long offered me a campaign job with the Long campaign if I were to remove the Billy Long is Wrong website. His huge, fragile ego couldn’t deal with the criticism offered on the Web site, so he decided he would offer a deal in hopes it would go away.

As I sit watching Democrats today in Congress, ready to violate Article One, Section Seven of the Constitution, I see little difference between Democrats trampling our Constitution for their own political gain and Billy Long trampling our Constitution for political gain.

Via PRLog:

I have explored the possible ethics violations committed by Billy Long, a candidate for Missouri's seventh congressional district. After looking at the details, and confirming the information with oustide sources, I have formally filed my complaint with Thomsenia Duncan, the General Counsel with the Federal Elections Commission.

Members of the press are welcome to view copies of my complaint letter, which was notorized and sent via Federal Express to the Federal Election Commission headquarters earlier today.

The FEC makes the requirement clear for filing a complaint, and those requirements were met today to the best of my knowledge.

For more information on this issue, keep up with Bungalow Bill's Conservative Wisdom, Billy Long is Wrong, and Michael Wardell for U. S. Congress.

4 comments:

Timeshare Jake said...

Thanks. It is essential that we send good people to Washington DC in 2010 if we are going to save our Constitution.

Soloman said...

You got it! I also sent links to Steelerbabe at TRS and Left Coast Rebel, and since I am a contributor at Conservative Firestorm I also cross-posted this piece there.

Teresa said...

Yes, we must send good people to Washington. After I gather more info on this matter, I would love to help out and write a blog post on this.

Soloman said...

Teresa -

I know you, like I, wish to see a better America. Sounds like from the details I've read so far this Billy Long isn't exactly the right guy for the job.