Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Paula Pounds the Pavement

It's a sad time to be an American...

No, it's not the fact that The Tribe traded the reigning CY Young winner, Cliff Lee, in an apparent attempt to reclaim their staus as the joke of Major League Baseball.

And no, it's not the trading of Jay Cutler from my Broncos, although I must admit I am a bit nervous about the upcoming season. Of course, there's my now-hometeam Arizona Cardinals, although rookie Beanie Wells' foot injury is not a good indicator.

And no... it's not the rumored "cease-fire" between Fox News Channel and MSNBC, which truly would be sad because there's so much truth to be learned about General Electric / MSNBC and how they are puppets for the Obama administration. Plus, as long as they continue bickering, we get to watch BathtubBoy get a little closer to the edge of insanity as he continues to make up crazier lies in an effort to discredit those from whom he yearns to gain admiration and acceptance.


No, America... today is a sad day because after much speculation, and I'm sure quite a few drinks and perhaps some prescription pills, Paula Abdul has announced she will not return for a 9th season of American Idol.

As reported by E! News at 9:05 EDT on August 4, 2009, a day that will live in infamy (like Pearl Harbor?), and less than one week after E! News confirmed that Kara DioGuardi (who?) will be returning to the judges' table, Abdul wrote on Twitter (oh, those kids and their tweets) Tuesday that she will not be back for the show's ninth season.

"With sadness in my heart, I've decided not to return to #IDOL. I'll miss nurturing all the new talent, but most of all...being a part of a show that I helped from day1become an international phenomenon," read two tweets posted shortly after 7:30 p.m.

"What I want to say most, is how much I appreciate the undying support and enormous love that you have showered upon me," Abdul continued. "It truly has been breathtaking, especially over the past month.


"I do without any doubt have the BEST fans in the entire world and I love you all."


"sniff.. sniff.."

No comments: