If you too believe in these five core values, and believe that those representing you in Washington, DC should too, please inform your representatives that if they are not willing to commit to you in writing that they agree with the ideas before them, that they will not be receiving your vote in the upcoming election.
Senate contact information can be found here: http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm
House contact information can be found here: https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml
You can copy and paste these directly from this page into an email or the form provided on the government website.
1. I believe in a balanced budget and therefore will vote for a freeze in government spending until that goal is realized.
2. I believe government should not increase the financial burden on its citizenry during a difficult economic times, therefore I will oppose all tax increases until our economy has rebounded.
3. I believe more than four decades of US dependence on foreign oil is a travesty, therefore I will support an energy plan that calls for immediately increasing usage of all domestic resources including nuclear energy, natural gas and coal as necessary.
4. I believe in the sovereignty and security of our country and therefore will support measures to close our borders except for designated immigration points so we will know who is entering and why. I will vehemently oppose any measure giving another country, the United Nations, or any other entity power over US citizens.
5. I believe the United States of America is the greatest country on earth and therefore will no apologize for policies or actions which have served to free more and feed more people around the world than any other nation on the planet.Please contact your Congressional Representatives in both Houses and demand that they commit to these five basic American values.