Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I will support and defend...

Congressman Phil Hare of Illinois' 17th District has decided he no longer wishes to represent his constituents.



I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

6 comments:

Opus #6 said...

Politicians who decide to throw away their oath to the Constitution need to be thrown out of office.

Nickie Goomba said...

In Illinois? Hard to believe.

j summ said...

just as good as john dingle's comments about controlling the people.

Soloman said...

Opus -

You should see the vid I posted tonight - a Republican getting grilled by a Tea Partier.

Game's on for all politicians, they'd better get wise!

Soloman said...

Nickie -

Illinois indeed. Who'd have thunk that one?

heh.

Soloman said...

j summ -

You got that right.

There have been some unbelievable statements made in recent days...