I, on the other hand, will be looking for the person who best embodies, amongst some other ideas, these simple principles:
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work, because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.
Hat tip to Red Head for posting this list of common sense values. You can find her on Twitter @red_red_head or find her blog here.
Follow @wisdomofsoloman on Twitter