Friday, March 23, 2018

About That Omnibus...

There are no two ways about it; Planned Parenthood kills unborn children.

In addition to "100 years of providing education, information, and services to help you make informed choices about your sexual and reproductive health” Planned Parenthood performs hundreds of thousands of abortions each year... 323,999 in 2014, according to information provided to CNN.

Additionally, Planned Parenthood is a huge political funding and lobbying organization. In 2016 it contributed $4,070,102 to candidates seeking federal office (all Democrats). Over the years 2015-2016, Planned Parenthood spent over $2.35 million working towards the election of only one political party, as well as maintaining its own right to kill unborn children.

Furthermore, Planned Parenthood is, albeit indirectly, one of the largest supporters of the so-called “March For Our Lives” event taking place tomorrow. This event sounds great, and I am quite certain many well-meaning people will attend.

I hope it’s an educational experience for all... perhaps there will be readings from TheConstitution, or The Federalist Papers... I hear Federalist No. 46 is an excellent read...

But if we’re being honest, the “March For Our Lives” is really a Democratic Party anti-gun rally.

Sadly, it seems a handful of outspoken if not somewhat undereducated children who lived through a horrific experience have now been co-opted by a couple of cable networks and a few “news” outlets, as well as a handful of prominent Democrat politicians.

Don’t believe me? Try to find Kyle Kashuv being interviewed on CNN or MSNBC... or anywhere in the "mainstream" media

Count how many Democrats make speeches at these rallies tomorrow compared to the number of Republicans invited. It’s not because Republicans don’t care about the safety of kids in schools; it’s because the ideasRepublicans offer don’t involve removing Constitutional Rights from law abiding citizens.

I am willing to accept some abortions are done for medically sound reasons, and I’m willing to understand the idea of termination due to rape or incest. But evidence has been presented repeatedly that shows Planned Parenthood helps (if not encourages) teenagers to have abortions as a form of birth control, often without parental consent.

I am not willing to accept teenagers who don’t even understand The Constitution telling me that my rights are less important than their friend’s embarrassment about carrying a tampon in a backpack.

And I don’t appreciate my tax dollars funding any political party. I don’t want my hard-earned dollars funding Planned Parenthood and the Democrat Party through a spending bill, the same as I know some would say of the Republicans and the NRA. Therefore, neither.

Today President Trump signed a spending bill that, amongst other incredibly unnecessary things, gives $500mil to Planned Parenthood.

As much as I have appreciated some of the accomplishments of his administration, as far as I’m concerned, taxpayers continuing to fund Planned Parenthood is a fireable offense. 

Because as I’ve said since I started writing here in 2009; it’s not about right or left… it’s about what is right and what is wrong.

No comments: